Through Loving Times, Through The Dark Times of Harry Potter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Set Loosely Around The HBP era

HomeSneakOScope GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Contact Admin
Or
Owl[Pm]
Via the site

Latest topics
» After the Full Moon
How to make a character Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 5:08 am by Nymphadora Tonks

» Pure Hatred
How to make a character Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:41 pm by Bellatrix Lestrange

» Who is your favorite character?
How to make a character Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:18 pm by Cho Chang

» The Three Broomsticks
How to make a character Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:36 pm by Cho Chang

» Role-Playing Rules & Regulations - Bebo.
How to make a character Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:06 pm by Albus Dumbledore

» Remus Lupin & Nymphadora Tonks' Wedding
How to make a character Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:04 pm by Albus Dumbledore

» Luna Lovegood
How to make a character Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 7:24 pm by Nymphadora Tonks

» Which Role play site would you rather join?
How to make a character Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 4:51 pm by Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody

» At Long Last!!
How to make a character Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:25 am by Albus Dumbledore

Top posters
Nymphadora Tonks
How to make a character Vote_lcapHow to make a character Voting_barHow to make a character Vote_rcap 
Professor R J Lupin
How to make a character Vote_lcapHow to make a character Voting_barHow to make a character Vote_rcap 
Lily-Evans
Albus Dumbledore
Draco Malfoy
Bellatrix Lestrange
Ginny Weasley
Hermione Granger
Alice Armstrong
Yaxley
Vote for Sneakoscope.com
Harry Potter Topsites
Promotional Link
Sneakoscope
Magic is Might
Gallery
How to make a character Empty
Werewolf Warning
CURRENT MOON

How to make a character

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nymphadora Tonks
Mod
Mod
Nymphadora Tonks

Character sheet
Job: Order of the Pheonix
Health:
How to make a character Left_bar_bleue100/100How to make a character Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

How to make a character Empty
PostSubject: How to make a character   How to make a character Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:07 pm

Alright. In order to roleplay, you have to have a character. Sometimes it's just a name, age, and personality but other times it is a full blown page. The basics you need to make a decent character to roleplay with are The Name, The Gender, the appearence and the personality. All characters start off from that basis. Here is an example:
Name: Bob.
Looks: Cool.
Personality: Bad boy.

Now, you can extend it of course. Details, details, details. That is the key. You can use broad vocabulary by describing your character, you can add any other alias (nicknames) they might have, history, anything! Here is the extended example:
Name: Robert James Parkinson
Alias: Bob. Bobby. RJ
Appearence: Black hair. Green eyes. Tall. Skinny.
Personality: Troublemaker. Bad boy. Cool guy. Popular.

The more you extend it the better and more fun, but remember don't make it too descriptive or it might end up boring!
Good example:
First Name- Leighton
Middle Name- Grace
Last Name- Walker
Age- 15-17 (Depending on Role Play)
Birthday- December 18th
Home-town- Boston, Mass.!
Ethincity- English/French/Ameican
Height- 5"6
Weight- Why do you care :/
Girls or Guys?- GUYS!

Boring Example:
First Name- They call me Leighton
Middle Name- My middle name is Grace
Last Name- My awesome last name would be Walker
Age- I can be fifteen, sixteen, or seventeen depending on which roleplay I am in at the time.
Birthday- I was born in the month of december on the eighteenth. Dec 18.
Home-town- I was born in the town of boston in the state of massatuchettes
Ethincity- I am mostly english but I am a tiny bit french because my grandfather was french and I am also American because my dad is full blown american so I am a mix of a lot of thing.
Height- Five feet tall and six inches.
Weight- Why do you care :/
Girls or Guys?- I like guys, but not all guys are okay for me. I need a perfect guy for me.

Do you get my point?
Okay. Moving on. You might want to have paragraphs, not just lists. Paragraphs are mostly going in depth about your character and elaborating (explaining) things better. Like say your character has a phobia (fear) of water. Don't just put down Fear: Water. Make a paragraph about how when she was little she almost drowned because she wanted to swim and nobody was outside when she went swimming. Get it? Here are some examples:
A good soul at heart. She tends to help people who have lost someone. Having experinced it... she finds it important to help them in their time of need. Putting others frist has always been important to her. (:
You can also consider Leighton to not take anything from other students. When someone(s) are making fun of her/friends she is very outspoken about it. She dosent take the crxp that comes with High School. Bullying is something close to Leighton's heart. She h@tes the fact that someone is mistreated because of something silly. She consider's Bully's insecure kids, who need help.

Alright, lastly it is always good to either have a detailed three paragraph description on the way they look, what they wear, and how they act OR a picture or both!
Neopets is not a good place to roleplay on, but it is a good place to make character pages. What are character pages? Pet pages (in neopets case) with all the information about your character on it, and most of the time there is one or more pictures on it.
Here are some example pages:
http://www.neopets.com/~fentuf
http://www.neopets.com/~Zshipoo
http://www.neopets.com/~Dianellia
http://www.neopets.com/~Rae_Lenna
http://www.neopets.com/~Anna_and_Hallie
http://www.neopets.com/~Niki_Carrie_Annie
Back to top Go down

How to make a character
Page 1 of 1