Through Loving Times, Through The Dark Times of Harry Potter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Set Loosely Around The HBP era

HomeSneakOScope GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Contact Admin
Or
Owl[Pm]
Via the site

Latest topics
» After the Full Moon
Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 5:08 am by Nymphadora Tonks

» Pure Hatred
Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:41 pm by Bellatrix Lestrange

» Who is your favorite character?
Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:18 pm by Cho Chang

» The Three Broomsticks
Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:36 pm by Cho Chang

» Role-Playing Rules & Regulations - Bebo.
Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:06 pm by Albus Dumbledore

» Remus Lupin & Nymphadora Tonks' Wedding
Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:04 pm by Albus Dumbledore

» Luna Lovegood
Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 7:24 pm by Nymphadora Tonks

» Which Role play site would you rather join?
Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 4:51 pm by Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody

» At Long Last!!
Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:25 am by Albus Dumbledore

Top posters
Nymphadora Tonks
Half Blood Prince Vote_lcapHalf Blood Prince Voting_barHalf Blood Prince Vote_rcap 
Professor R J Lupin
Half Blood Prince Vote_lcapHalf Blood Prince Voting_barHalf Blood Prince Vote_rcap 
Lily-Evans
Albus Dumbledore
Draco Malfoy
Bellatrix Lestrange
Ginny Weasley
Hermione Granger
Alice Armstrong
Yaxley
Vote for Sneakoscope.com
Harry Potter Topsites
Promotional Link
Sneakoscope
Magic is Might
Gallery
Half Blood Prince Empty
Werewolf Warning
CURRENT MOON

Half Blood Prince

Go down 
+6
Draco Malfoy
Lily-Evans
Albus Dumbledore
Nymphadora Tonks
Harry James Potter
Alice Armstrong
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice Armstrong
Admin
Admin
Alice Armstrong

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 2:31 am

So I finally just got back from seeing it. It was different from the book,but it was pretty good. I think I liked it a lot better than OOTP. I wished it would've had the battle at the end instead of the just come and go. And then wow Dans acting gets better with each movie!

So what did you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Harry James Potter
Mod
Mod
Harry James Potter

Character sheet
Job: Student - Auror (Later)
Health:
Half Blood Prince Left_bar_bleue100/100Half Blood Prince Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 2:46 am

[ It's quite different to the book, yes though it is amazing and I believe it's the best yet. I don't know why people complained at OTTP, yes they took alot out of it but it was still an exceptional example of a film and I think they all work well together though I like HBP more, I'm still trying to decide if I like it more than POA which was my favourite. They cut the Battle out because there will be one in the last and I think that's best. Deffinitely, Dan Radcliffe is an amazing actor, he's matured and improved a great deal, as have Emma and Rupert and many others. ]
Back to top Go down
http://www.harryhatesvoldy.bebo.com
Nymphadora Tonks
Mod
Mod
Nymphadora Tonks

Character sheet
Job: Order of the Pheonix
Health:
Half Blood Prince Left_bar_bleue100/100Half Blood Prince Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:26 am

I am going out of town to hang out and see it tommorow (18th) so if I am not on, you know why. PLEASE do not post a lot of stuff while I am gone. I hate feeling inactive. It makes me feel so useless. Hehe. I try to be as active as possible but I am on like four other sites, and three other accounts plus two myspaces. Yes, I barely have a life- I know.
Back to top Go down
Alice Armstrong
Admin
Admin
Alice Armstrong

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:35 am

lol
tomorrow shal be the postextravaganza then Razz
Back to top Go down
Albus Dumbledore
Mod
Mod
Albus Dumbledore

Character sheet
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:07 pm

Well in my opinion it's the best in the series' so far. But they left out a lot which could affect the future books! They left out hiding the book at the Diadem which will affect The Deathly Hallows movies, surely. And the Hermione-Ron thing was taken up too much, I think it sort of became a main plotline.

The Burrow being on fire sort of irritated me because something must happen. They took out the beginning of the book with the meeting of the Muggle Prime Minister and Cornelius which means there is more explaining to do about Scrimgeour being the new Minister for Magic in the next book (and they omitted Scrimgeour's visit to The Burrow as well as Percy).

Harry also doesn't know he inherited Number 12.
Back to top Go down
Alice Armstrong
Admin
Admin
Alice Armstrong

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:11 pm

Yeah

and when they attacked the burrow that also made me think that,since theres no wedding,They can't really have another reason to just attack it again can they in the next one?

There gonna have to make up stuff and fill in a lot on their own in the next 2.

But on the other hand its online for those who wanna watch it,its not the best quality,But still Very Happy It is legal just so you know Smile

http://www.watch-movies-links.net/movies/harry_potter_and_the_half-blood_prince/
Back to top Go down
Albus Dumbledore
Mod
Mod
Albus Dumbledore

Character sheet
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:26 pm

The Wedding, I didn't think of that. They didn't include Bill or Fleur nor did they include Greyback attacking Bill so that will complicate things, too.
Back to top Go down
Harry James Potter
Mod
Mod
Harry James Potter

Character sheet
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:32 pm

It's definitely the best so far and yes they did though they've already explained alot of it. There going to do the Diadem bit in a different way and have it as a deleted scene apparently. I think the Hermione and Ron think was rather cute and will lead onto Deathly Hallows because of the Silver Doe ect and of course the kiss.

I kind of like the extra scene, shows that the world isn't safe and there is no where that is completely safe either. The meeting with the Minister was taken out on purpose, there going to introduce Scrimgeour in the Dealthy Hallows since there splitting it, which I think is a good idea since less will be missed out. Apparently there going to make up for it completely in Deahtly Hallows so hopefully they will.

Also the wedding is supposed to be going to be a part of it, there just going to twist the plot. I think Dumbledore's death was incredible though I wish Snape had said. 'It's over.' like he did in the trailer and should have said to Harry. 'Don't call me a coward,' because I don't think he did and they missed out Remus and Tonks and Ginny's breakup. I also noticed the ending is very similair to that GOF.

Back to top Go down
Alice Armstrong
Admin
Admin
Alice Armstrong

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:38 pm

and there was no funeral!!!!
Back to top Go down
Albus Dumbledore
Mod
Mod
Albus Dumbledore

Character sheet
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:51 pm

They can't have the Diadem as a Deleted Scene. They already said 7 Horcruxes and if they leave it out it wouldn't work properly; there would only be 6.

I was so furious that they left out the funeral. I was not pleased at that, they said they left it out because it didn't fit in, but it would have. It would also be a better way to leave it off rather than the Goblet of Fire repeat. If you watch it very closely, you can see Snape looked upset at the moment the green light glowed on his wand.

See?:

Half Blood Prince Avada
Back to top Go down
Alice Armstrong
Admin
Admin
Alice Armstrong

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:56 pm

yeah they have to put all horcuruxes in,i mean thats the point of 2 movies to put EVERYTHING they can in right?
Back to top Go down
Lily-Evans
Mod
Mod
Lily-Evans

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:21 am

I Love Snapey.....I cant believe he killed Albus Sad made me sad Sad but I think severus would have been Sad whilst he done it.... I mean he respected Albus did he not?...it showed when he turned around to Bellatrix and Narcissa and said 'Albus is a great whizard....'
Back to top Go down
Albus Dumbledore
Mod
Mod
Albus Dumbledore

Character sheet
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:49 am

Lily that doesn't really show anything. In the books Lord Voldemort acknowledges Dumbledore is an amazing Wizard. And I believe his words were “Dumbledore is a great wizard, only a fool would think otherwise”.
Back to top Go down
Harry James Potter
Mod
Mod
Harry James Potter

Character sheet
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 7:21 am

Yeah, I think they should have put the funeral in since it was a big part of the story, but they did the Hermione and Ron going with Harry thing at least. Snape really does look upset, you can tell he's distressed when he does it, and I really hated that scene because I was crying so much, though it was done really well.
Back to top Go down
Albus Dumbledore
Mod
Mod
Albus Dumbledore

Character sheet
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Oh and to go back to the original post, Its better without the battle at the end, otherwise it would just repeat the next one (which has to be 100% original!).
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora Tonks
Mod
Mod
Nymphadora Tonks

Character sheet
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:03 am

I saw it yesterday and LOVED IT!
Draco and Remus were so freaking sexy in it.
Back to top Go down
Albus Dumbledore
Mod
Mod
Albus Dumbledore

Character sheet
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 6:21 am

Thank you for that... Illuminating piece of information.
Back to top Go down
Harry James Potter
Mod
Mod
Harry James Potter

Character sheet
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 6:30 am

Harry was better Wink he was so funny when he had lucky potion, I was laughing. xD
Back to top Go down
Albus Dumbledore
Mod
Mod
Albus Dumbledore

Character sheet
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am

I thought it was hilarious when he left the Common Room and rather randomy said “Hi!”.
Back to top Go down
Harry James Potter
Mod
Mod
Harry James Potter

Character sheet
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 6:44 am

Same, he's a true legend! Razz
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora Tonks
Mod
Mod
Nymphadora Tonks

Character sheet
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:01 am

OH MY LORD!
That was my favorite part.
"And they got the pinchers." When he was talking about the dead spider.
But the funniest was when the proffessor said "Harry!" and harry went "Sir!"
Haha.
Back to top Go down
Draco Malfoy

Draco Malfoy

Character sheet
Job:
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:31 pm

I loved the film, seen it twice now xD

I couldn't stop laughing, I loved Ron xD He was so funny this time round :L The love potion :L He was so funny when he threw that box at Harry.

Did anyone else think Harry Looked Gay when he was wearing that Jumper before the First Quidditch Match? Ron looked nice in his Quidditch Unifrom though.
Back to top Go down
Sophie Denton

Character sheet
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:40 pm

I have one major thing to say; The Funeral had better be in the next movie. Not having it would be like not having a funeral for Elvis. You just don't do it.

I also took issue with the fact that they didn't mention "Liquid Luck" is illegal to use during school for school or sports matches. They only made it somewhat seeming taboo which really killed the gasp factor for anyone who is just watching the movie and going "What's the big deal?" A single line of dialog could have added a bit more punch.

Also; Harry and Ginny while they FINALLY had their first kiss it felt very underwhelming and didn't give me that giddy girlish feeling like the book did.

In any case, I've come to view the movies more as an abridged fan fiction than true to the novels. It helps me watch it more and enjoy it better than many others might who were expecting 100% faithful recreations.
Back to top Go down
Albus Dumbledore
Mod
Mod
Albus Dumbledore

Character sheet
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 5:03 pm

Sophie, Warner Bros. already said they will not have a funeral for Albus at all. They did mention it was banned in sporting events during the film, actually. Hermione said to Harry "You could be expelled" and in the game she says it is indeed illegal.

I agree about the kiss. I think it lost that 'WOW' factor. And Harry didn't hide it at the Diadem which will affect the next movie(s).
Back to top Go down
Sophie Denton

Character sheet
Health:

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Comment before I leave: Its sad that they aren't planning on showing the funeral. Its actually kind of outraging. Even if not for the character himself but for the actor who devoted so much time into the movies and played such a wonderful Dumbledore. Not that he died but the respect should still be shown.

I must have missed the comment about the being illegal. Oh well, thank you for correcting me on that part, I'm sure I'll catch it when I watch it 20 times on DVD/Blu-Ray.

There was an "awww cute!" thing going on with the kiss, but it felt not as powerful as Harry just boldly walking up to her in a triumphant feeling and kissing her right in front of everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince   Half Blood Prince Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Half Blood Prince
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Through Loving Times, Through The Dark Times of Harry Potter :: Members Lounge :: Harry Potter-
Jump to: